Being your own professional chef is what all desires for. From boiling water to be a pro in cooking exquisite dishes is a delightful feeling. This time why not try a simple Mexicano flavoured Rice recipe?
Arroz con Lima or Mexican lemon rice is flavourful dish that tastes delicious and a jaw-dropping meal to you.
Mexican Lemon Rice can be prepared by using the ever-ready kitchen ingredients which are easily available at home.
This dish is prepared by using Rice, lemon juice and garlic and that’s all you need to make this tasty and delicious dish at home in no time. Typically, it is served with vegetables and meat.
You can serve it with other purpose also or can be eaten alone, as it has high calorific values and provides required calories to the body.
Mexican Lemon Rice is always served in the main course
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time : 35 mins
Now let’s check step by step how it made in three easy steps :
Water: 2 cups
Lemon rind, grated :1 tablespoon
Long grain rice: 1 cup
Lemon juice: 1 cup
Add salt to taste
Coriander : chopped leaves
• Take the sauce pan and put water, lemon juice, garlic, salt to taste and lemon rind it.
• Now, let them boil it for 2-3 minutes.
• When the mixture starts to boil, add rice in it.
• Cover it and leave it to cook for around 20-25 minutes.
• Once it is cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped garlic cloves in it. To make it more presentable add chopped coriander in it and toss well.
• Transfer the cooked rice into a serving bowl and then serve it with vegetables or meat as per taste .
Also, you can add parsley to give it a more subtle n bright look.
It’s a perfect summer dish and you must try this out to have fun while cooking with lots of health benefits.
It can be stored for 3-4 days and still have the same nutrients values. But keeping it more than that can spoil the taste and the delicacy of the dish .
To learn more easily click the video.
Benefits of eating Mexican Lemon Rice
• Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and helps in production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood.
• It is beneficial for anaemia or iron deficient patients.
• helps to detoxify the body and wash off the impurities from the body.
•It maintains the ph level of the body.
• It provides about 9% of the total daily calories requirement of a standard adult diet of about 2,000 calories.
• Prevents common cold.
• It also helps in weight loss and prevents gaining of weight by reducing the hormone level which controls the weight gains.
Other ways to include lemon in your diet
•Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of olive oil and then use this as addressing for salads, boiled lentils, sprouts or steam vegetables.
• Lemon zests can be added to deserts to enhance the flavour
• Freeze lemon juice in ice cubes and then add this to your favourite drinks or beverages.
• You can add half tablespoon of lemon juice in your green tea to make it more effective and adds more nutritive value to it.
• You can make lemonade by adding one tablespoon of lemon juice, 0ne and a half glass of water, salt and sugar. This makes a refreshing drink to feel fresh in hot summers. It is also known as ‘nimbu pani’ in local.
Note: This dish can be prepared by using brown rice instead of white rice and use lime juice in place of lemon juice and enjoy the same flavour and delicious to taste.