ROYAL FRUIT SCONES RECIPE
Have you ever thought what the royal people eat? What is their favorite food or recipe that makes them spellbound? Well now today, you’ll get to know the insight of Royal family’s life, Queen Elizabeth’s royal chef reveals a recipe that is mouth- watering and leaves everyone magnetic towards the dish, and above all you can make this dish at home in few minutes and experience a royal feeling at your place with the royal fruit scones recipe.
One of the foods traditionally served during the parties at Buckingham Palace every summer are ‘fruit scones’.
Scones are basically the baked goods usually made of flour or oatmeal and baking powder. They are slightly sweetened and occassionally glazed with eye wash.
About 27.000 cups of tea, 20,000 sandwiches and 20,000 slices of cake- is about consumed at Queen Elizabeth’s royal garden parties, as mention by the royal family’s official Instagram account.
The royal pastry chef recently revealed the recipe for baking these special fruit scones. It is a simple recipe and you can make them in just 15 minutes. They are perfect for an elegant afternoon tea or sweet weekend treat. Let’s have a look and make it in just 15 minutes.
- 350g all purpose flour
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 85g butter (cut into small cubes)
- 3 tbsp caster sugar or sugar powder
- 175 ml milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 100g sultanas or raisins
- beaten egg to glaze
- jam and clotted cream or can use whipped cream
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
METHOD TO PREPARE FRUIT SCONES:
- Preheat the oven to 200-220 C.
- Take a bowl and mix the flour, baking powder, butter, and sugar altogether until a crumb is formed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together.
- Put the milk into the jug and heat in the microwave for about 30s until warm, but not too much hot.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix them for a while, then keep them aside.
- Also, put the baking sheet in the oven.
- Now, make a well in the dry mix, then add the liquid mix formed in earlier step alongwith sultanas or raisins and combine them quickly with a spatula or knife.
- After that, scatter some flour onto the top surface and tip the dough out.
- Dredge the dough over 2-3 times until it’s a little smoother.
- Pat into a round about 4cm deep.
- Take a 5cm cutter and dip into some flour.
- Plunge it into the dough, and then repeat until you have four scones.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg, then carefully place onto the hot baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes until risen and golden on the top.
- Eat just warm or cold, by beautifully topping with jam and clotted or whipped cream.
You can freeze it once and then defrost it and put it on a lower flame (about 160C/140C fan/gas3) for a few minutes to refresh.
Look at the post shared by the Royal family about royal recipe of ‘FRUIT SCONES’
View this post on Instagram
Every year at Garden Parties across The Royal Residences, over 27,000 cups of ☕️, 20,000 🥪 and 20,000 slices of 🍰 are consumed! The Royal Pastry Chefs are happy to share their recipe for fruit scones, which traditionally would be served at Buckingham Palace every summer. Remember to tag us in your #royalbakes creations! 𝗜𝗻𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: -500g Plain Flour -28g Baking Powder -94g Butter -86g Sugar -2 Whole Eggs -140ml Butter Milk -100g Sultanas – a type of raisin (Cover in hot water and leave to soak for 30 minutes) 𝗠𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗱: -Preheat oven to 180 C -Mix the flour, baking powder, butter and sugar together in a bowl, until a crumb is formed -In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together -Add the liquid to the crumb mixture -Continue to mix the dough, until it is smooth -(Optional) Add the sultanas, and mix until evenly distributed 1Remove the dough from the bowl, flatten the dough and cover -Leave to rest for approximately 30 minutes -Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2.5 cm and cut to desired shape -Rest the scones for another 20 minutes -Gently egg was the top of the scones -Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown -Cool before serving with jam and clotted cream Enjoy!
QUERIES MIGHT BE:
HOW TO MAKE EGG FREE FRUIT SCONES?
In baking, eggs serve as a leavening agent. By adding an egg to your recipe the resulting scones be somewhat lighter in texture than they might be without the eggs. But if you are allergic to eggs or a vegetarian then, you can skip the step where egg is being added and have the same results as earlier. No change in the colour will take place.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE YOUR SCONES TO RISE AND BE MORE FLUFFY?
First, make sure that you are using the fresh baking powder, the one that has been opened for less than 6 months ago. Also, if you knead the dough too much, the scones won’t rise as tall. Instead, knead them gently enough to bring the dough together. Adding more flour also prevents the dough from rising as high, so only dust lightly.
Treat yourself and your family to these royal scones.